Wednesday, September 22, 2010

being content in the moment

I have been realizing lately to really TRY and be CONTENT in the moment.
It is so important to appreciate where you are at and where you have come from.
Often times that in itself allows for much celebration...
Although dreaming of where you hope to be someday is important to your drive and hope, I have to continually remind myself to not let that take over my thoughts.
The oh so well known phrase (even I know it with my EXTREME lack of knowledge of sayings) "stop and smell the roses" is so true!
How are we supposed to enjoy each phase and point in our lives if we are always looking towards what will happen next?
If we forget to just stop and find joy, peace and even frustration in what is in the NOW, we will miss many life lessons and just plain happiness that is present RIGHT NOW!
I have a lot to be grateful for as I am sure you do too...
Although i find myself comparing my life to those around me quite frequently, and feeling that I either do not measure up to what they have accomplished, I have to remember that is a very debilitating thing to do to yourself. To be honest, these people may be looking at you and thinking the very same things about themselves.
I need to remember...

BE YOU (and celebrate your differences/ strengths)
DONT WORRY about what someone else has done, or how great their life seems to be (A. Just be happy for their successes and B. Anyone can make their life look good "on paper")
STOP AND ENJOY THE MOMENT (and every moment there after!)
BE GRATEFUL for the love and life you have been given :)

As I inspire myself to be a better person and always GROW, I hope I can do the same for you!!

Christina <3

1 comment:

  1. My beana- you truly are an inspiration, more than you will every know. You are ever encouraging, and I love you for that. Can't wait to see you tomorrow. xxoo.

    ReplyDelete