Tuesday, January 24, 2012

P + P + P = ...

I am finding out that being a perfectionist, people pleaser and {new} parent is not an easy combination!
As we all know, things in life never actually go PERFECTLY...so those endless efforts to strive for that are often stressful and overwhelming. Oh, and making everyone happy, well thats not so likely either. Trying to balance these two factors of my personality has been hard, and the failure to do so has often left me unsettled.
Add being a new parent to the mix, now thats even more challenging! Especially, if you get all wrapped up in trying to do EVERYTHING right. If I thought it was hard not to compare myself to others before, its even harder now! Instead, I need to remember to be grateful and appreciative of what I have and what I am. And…that i am doing the best I can and that is all I can do!

So... my {Daily} battle has now included things like:

-Soaking up each and every moment with my baby girl (instead of crossing just one more thing off the list)
-Sitting and starring at her play (instead of accomplishing something else while she is occupied)


-Telling myself its OK if today, she did not get enough tummy time or fell asleep in my arms 7/10 times (instead of feeling guilty)




 etc, etc…I think you get the picture!

So onward with the days ahead, and hopefully I can relax and be at peace with my efforts of my job as a new mom as well as a wife/ woman…and try to set aside my perfectionist/ people pleasing tendencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment