Saturday, December 29, 2012

Gearing up for Christmas!

The December birthdays had past.
The lights and decorations were hung. 
The snow had fallen, with even a snow storm behind us.
(Almost) All the presents had been bought.

...And now it was time to enjoy a few more special moments/ traditions before Christmas arrived! We really try to soak things in around here…sometimes we fail, but other times we succeed! Here are some of the successes that we were able to capture with the good 'ol iphone!

Addie, Theo and I braved it out on the deck during the huge snow storm in order for her to have her first full fledge snow experience… So, I set her down….and she sat still…and did not move. ever. lol Oh well! There were no tears and this was the most expression I got out of her! At least we have the first one under our belt! 


We complain and complain about the cold winters in the midwest, but sometimes I don't think I realize how much I actually appreciate them. Even though the roads are NOT fun to drive on, the snow is absolutely beautiful! I loved this view as I was driving into my neighborhood, and just had to snap a couple pictures!



After getting Addie's 1 year pictures taken by a wonderful friend, we made some more Christmas cookies! Sam and I have done this every year since we have been married. We love doing it…However every year we find the need to make a simpler cookie recipe. Not because we don't have the time, but because of our severe lack of baking skills! Either way, we have fun doing it…and this year we got to show Add the ropes! 


Us girls had one last trip to the Mall of America to wrap up the last of our gift buying and ended up scoring some AMAZING deals for ourselves too…oops :) We always have so much fun together though- we make a great team!



We decided to make it a tradition last year (when Addie was just 3 weeks old) to try and make it Downtown Minneapolis and look at the Macy's 8th floor display. I think every year I go, I forget how short the display actually is, and that they don't change the theme each year…but again we went, and it was great! Addie is at such a fun age, and was so fun to watch her be mesmerized by everything!


I think she pointed at things 95% of the time! It's been her new thing, and I adore it!



Of course one of us had to catch the stomach flu, so I took one for the team! Addie very much enjoyed the empty bottle of sprite that remained though!


Christmas season was upon us, and soon to be here! We tried our best not to hurry the moments so they didn't slip on by!

No comments:

Post a Comment