Monday, December 31, 2012

A NEW year, A NEW you!

I cannot believe that 2012 is already over! WOW- did this year move by in full speed or what?! It was a good year. No, it was a great year! I am happy to say that for the first time in our marriage, we did not have an major changes, moves, or big events happen! (Want to an overview of what happened in our lives in 2011? click here!) In 2012, it felt so good to just be! We were finally able to focus on being the best 'us' we can, as individuals and a family. Rest assured, we have A LOT of growing and bettering to do but it was a good start! 

Last year, for the first time ever I made a list of what I called New Years Goals…I have always been hesitant to make these because I didn't ever want to be just another person writing down a bunch of idealistic things that I would:

A. Forget come June  
B. Never achieve. 

So when I made this list, I meant it. 


I am a firm believer that if you don't have goals, you will never achieve them. This year, I daily (almost) worked toward these goals, and can honestly say I achieved them! I even exceeded one of them by running a FULL marathon instead of my goal to do a half or 10k!!! I only hope to continue on with these lifestyle changes and increase them as the years go by. 

This year, I made another list for 2013. I had been thinking for a long time about what things I could do to better my life in major ways and grow as a person. Here is what I came up with. You better believe that everyday will be spent working towards these goals!


Cheers to continuing to grow to be a better person not only for ourselves, but for our God and those around us. 

My little girl in her "party ballerina outfit!"

Happy New Year everyone!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment